10 MORE Ways to Make Money with Your Digital Cameras
1. Pet photos - advertise a Pet Photography business where you photograph pets with their owners. Most owners won't struggle to take a photograph with their pet all by themselves. You can be the one who makes it easy on them. Not only can you charge for the service and your time, but you can offer the photograph in it's digital form or as a print that you can mail to them later - either created by your own photo printer or by a photo processing service.
2. Fishing contests - be around at the end of a fishing contest to take photographs of the contestants that didn't even think about bringing a camera. Most fishermen are more concerned about fishing than carrying cameras, and most fisherman also want a picture of their stringer full of fish or the big one that they're going to have mounted.
3. Parades - be in position to get great shots of folks and floats in the parade and sell the prints back to the individuals or to their family members. The folks who take part in the parades are often way to busy to take pictures before or after, so someone who captures them in action might really be doing them a favor - and a profitable service.
4. Landmark and tourist photographer - if there's a famous landmark in your area, offer your photography services to tourists who want their photo taken in front of it. Even if the tourists are carrying a camera and get someone else to take their photo, often the camera won't be digital with a display so it means the tourists won't know how the picture turns out until they're long gone. With your digital camera, you should be able to show them it's a good picture.
5. Graduations - preschool, high school, or college graduations offer dozens, if not hundreds of opportunities to capture a significant moment in someone's life. If the family members of the graduate aren't located in as good a location or don't have as good a camera as yourself - you'll have even greater opportunity at getting the shots they couldn't.
6. Holiday Family Postcards - offer your services to families that want their picture taken and put on a postcard that they can send to their extended family and friends. By using your digital camera you can not only get photo-postcards through online photo-processors, but you can make the prints available in your online gallery and have the customers refer their extended friends and family there to purchase a larger print if they desire it.
7. Photo Novelty Items - take photographs of people that want the pictures of themselves of their loved ones imprinted on coffee mugs, mouse pads, keychains, tee-shirts, and other items. Usually you can find suppliers of such photo-transfer merchandise and equipment in business opportunity publications, such as "Mind Your Business 101: How to Select & Start Your Own Business"
8. Used Car Photos - work out an arrangement to take snapshots of cars for used car dealers who don't have photographs of their current inventory. If any of the car dealers don't have websites that need photographs you could, provide an additional service by learning how to make and maintain a website of their inventory.
9. Promotional slideshow production - taking digital photos of a convention, church, business, college campus, or other promotable location - you can create a digital slideshow on Video CD or DVD for your customers to promote their business, organization, or event.
10. Newborn photo service - parents of newborns are some of the busiest people in the world. Advertise your services on an on-call basis so that you can take informal snapshots for the growing family either before they leave the hospital, or after they get home. This way both parents and the child(ren) can be in more of the pictures all together, and the parents have one less thing to try and figure out.
About The Author
C.S. Deam is a small business owner. His eBook Leverage Yourself Out of the Rat Race is available for immediate download at www.LinkertonPublishing.com where you can sign up for FREE E-Courses & Newsletters to help you on your path to self-employment.
Warning: fopen(http://news.google.com/news?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLG,GGLG:2005-22,GGLG:en&q=Photography&output=rss) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Network is unreachable in /srv/disk5/47512/www/photography.myartsonline.com/inc/rss.inc on line 81
could not open XML input